INCI name: ASCORBYL TETRAISOPALMITATE
CAS No: 183476-82-6
Chemical Formula: C70H128O10
Molecular Weight: 1129.76
Main Functions and Effects
- Excellent transdermal absorption;
- Inhibit cell tyrosinase activity and melanin production;
- Reduce UV-induced cell /DNA damage (UV/stress resistance);
- Prevent lipid peroxidation and skin aging (antioxidant);
- Good solubility in common cosmetic oil;
- SOD like activity (antioxidant);
- Collagen synthesis and collagen protection (anti-aging);
- Stable to heat and oxidation.
Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate is a hydroxyl esterification based on the molecular structure of vitamin C, which is the most stable among all vitamin C derivatives. It is very stable in air and light, and can maintain stability even when heated at high temperature.
Due to its good oil solubility, similar to skin lipid solubility, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate has an excellent transdermal absorption rate. Its absorption rate in the epidermis can reach more than 20%, in the dermis also has 1%~2% absorption capacity, 3 times of vitamin C.
Product history and applications
Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate is a functional whitening agent approved by the Korea Food and Drug Administration (KFDA) with a recommended dosage of 2%. At the same time, it is also the only one of the 13 whitening ingredients identified by the Chinese Taiwan Ministry of Health and Welfare as "pharmaceutical cosmetics" (recommended dosage of 3%). It is a widely used cosmetic raw material for more than ten years in the world, for example, Japan, South Korea, Europe and the United States. Many international brands (such as: La Mer, Estee Lauder, Shiseido, Empress, SK-II, etc.) have adopted this ingredient, and more and more brands have adopted this ingredient. Kangcare is its key supplier in China with high quality product and keeps to make the process and technical service upgraded. You can contact [email protected] to get more supports on it.
Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate can be used in whitening, sunscreen, anti-aging cosmetics.
- The recommended amount for cosmetics is 2% to 3%
- When designing the formula, pH does not exceed 6.0.
- Integrating agents and antioxidants (tocopherols) are recommended in the formula as they are great at preventing fading.
- Since contact with water may lead to oxidation of ascorbyl palmitate, it is recommended to add surfactants with long chains of polyoxyethylene to stabilize the system.
- The product has good thermal stability and is generally added in the final stage of the formula to avoid prolonged heating.