The European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA) officially founded on 23 November 2005 was taken up in the registry of associations of the County Court Brühl (Germany) under the number VR 1397. Therefore, the five-year-old status of a totally informal association founded on 14 September 2000 in Wolfsburg was brought to an end and converted into an official association.
The European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA) has formed itself as an association of Hemp primary processing companies within the EU (regular members). Associate members are associations, national organisations, companies and individuals working in the field of Hemp or other natural fibres.
When it was founded, the European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA) had seven members from the EU countries - Great Britain, the Netherlands, Germany and Italy - all of them primary processors of Hemp (so-called fibre separation companies).
The statute makes a difference between "regular" and "associate" members. While any person or institution can become an associate member, "regular membership is restricted to those legal entities or companies which perform the processing of Hemp straw to fibres and hurds/shives or Hemp raw materials..."
Aims of the EIHA
- To support the cultivation, processing and use of industrial Hemp - i.e. Hemp strains that are allowed to be cultivated in accordance with EU law and the raw materials of which are processed industrially - and its products.
- To collect important information on industrial Hemp and industrial Hemp policy, to publish data about the European natural fibres industry and to establish market figures and trends.
- To give industrial partners easy access to the European hemp industry via the EIHA homepage.
- To establish a regular exchange of information between its members and to cooperate with other national, European and international organisations and associations.
- To represent the industry to EU institutions and national ministries.
- To support communication between the national ministries concerning EU policy.
- To provide EU institutions, national ministries, the media and the public with current and reliable information on industrial hemp, to develop and submit recommendations for changes to present laws, regulations, standards and guidelines on EU and national levels.
Why join EIHA?
- All questions about Hemp business are passed on to the relevant EIHA members.
- Acces to special email groups (CBD, THC) for regular members
- Instant access to more than 400 presentations, studies and statistical data.
- You will be part of a network of important international hemp actors: 150 companies, associations, institutes and individuals are already supporting EIHA!
- Support the networking, lobbying and publishing of information on Hemp by EIHA.
Board of directors
Mark Reinders, HempFlax BV (NL) (president); Boris Banas, PROPAGANDA PRODUCTION s.r.o (SK); Bernd Frank, BAFA Neu GmbH (DE); Olivier Joreau, C.A.V.A.C Biomatériaux (FR); Daniel Kruse, Hempro International GmbH + Co. KG (DE); Daniela Sfrija, CANAH INTERNATIONAL SRL (RO).